Our Vision and Priorities
Towards an Active Derbyshire seeks to achieve the vision of a physical activity and sport revolution in Derbyshire, by engaging 50,000 more people in active lives by 2021.
This will be achieved by prioritising the following:
- Supporting the inactive to become active.
- Ensuring that people are supported and encouraged to engage in sport.
- Helping to keep people engaged in physical activity and sport throughout their lives.
- Addressing the inequalities in physical activity and sport engagement with a focus on:
a. Women and girls.
b. People from lower socio-economic groups.
c. Young people aged 5 – 18.
- Towards an Active Derbyshire 2016 - 2021 (PDF, 3.8 Mb)