Up to £15,000 for Community Cycling Projects
Posted: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 15:04
Get up to £15,000 through the Places to Ride fund which is inspiring people to ride and supporting cycling activity in communities.
The Places to Ride programme is funding the development of new or the improvement of existing cycling facilities and activities in communities across England.
Teaming up with Crowdfunder UK, British Cycling want to invest in innovative and exciting projects that perhaps would not traditionally see British Cycling as a source of funding or indeed consider sport to be their main area of work.
They are keen to hear from any sports club or community organisation with a great idea that will make a difference to the places where people ride. They believe that investment in community-based, accessible cycling facilities and equipment will drive increased participation, encouraging existing cyclists to cycle more regularly and encouraging new cyclists to take part.
Places to Ride fund seeks to:
- Promote cycling in under-represented groups
- Promote volunteering
- Encourage innovation
- Encourage co-locations with other sports and community services
Eligible Organisations will:
- Be located and working in England or be for the benefit of beneficiaries that reside in England
- Be seeking investment for internal or external building / modernisation works or cycling equipment
- Involve the local community in the development and delivery of their project.