Funding opportunity for schools with tennis courts!
Posted: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 14:50
LTA Gate Access Pilot on School Sites:
Schools can apply for grant funding from the LTA, to pay for the supply and installation of a gate access system – approximately £7,000.
The LTA can grant fund an innovative, digital gate access system, to help schools open up their tennis courts to their local community. The benefits of this opportunity are:
- Control your courts remotely
- Grant access at limited, or specified, times
- Vary court booking charges depending on who is booking
- Automate floodlight control (premium gate only)
- Collate data highlighting how often your courts are used and by who
In order to be successful with the application, the school must:
- Be in an area of high population density, or be able to make a strong business case.
- Commit to operating the gate access system and the courts it gives assess to for to for a minimum of five years
- Enter in to a maintenance contract for the period of operation (c.£601+VAT p/a)
- Sign up to an agreed schedule of hours that courts will be available for tennis.
- Set aside £100 p/a as a "sinking fund" for the gate.
- Provide a power supply to within 5m of the gate (premium gate only)
Before 31st August: potential opportunity for some schools to use DFE funding to cover some of the wider project costs
To be involved, eligible schools need to:
- E-mail Gate.Access@LTA.org.uk to express your interest and for an introduction to your local Participation Development Partner(s)
- Your Participation Development Partner will then arrange a call to discuss the process further and can provide support to you, and/or your schools, with the application process.
- Applications are reviewed by panel every two weeks.
- Installation dates are scheduled approximately one-two months in advance.
The LTA can:
- Subject to a successful application, grant fund (£7k) gate access technology
- Support the application process
- Provide expert advice on designing and operationalising the programme
- Provide marketing support, through national campaigns and collateral
The schools need to:
- Commit to operating the gate access system for minimum of 5 years.
- Enter into a maintenance contract of c. £601+VAT p/a
- Set aside £100 p/a as a sinking fund for the gate
- Provide a power supply to within 5m of the gate (premium only)
E-mail Gate.Access@LTA.org.uk to start the process.