Central England Co-op Relaunches Community Dividend Fund
Posted: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 14:43
Central England Co-operative invests a percentage of its trading profit back into the communities it serves by providing grants for local good causes.
The Co-op has recently revamped the Fund after temporarily repurposing the Fund last year to support groups impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Projects now need to align with at least one of the following areas:
- Access to food – improving access to food in a way that encourages healthy, balanced choices to be made.
- Health and wellbeing - projects that directly or indirectly promote physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Inclusion projects - directly or indirectly support greater inclusion of vulnerable, excluded, or hard to reach groups.
- Environment – inside and outside spaces that support increased sustainability e.g. energy saving projects, sustainable travel, biodiversity and food security.
Grants of between £100 and £5,000 are available. The average grant is £2,000.
Members of Central England Co-operative, including local good causes, community groups, charities, social enterprises and Community Interest Companies, are eligible to apply as long as they:
- Have been a full member of Central England Co-operative for at least six months.
- Are located in the trading area of a Central England Co-operative outlet.
- Are a not-for-private profit organisation.
Applications are currently being accepted with a deadline of 31 July 2021