Funding to Help Disadvantaged Young People and Children – 31st March 2021
Posted: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:11
Charities can apply for Early Years Opportunities Grants through the Masonic Charitable Foundation. The Early Years Opportunities programme is open to charities that help disadvantaged children and young people (up to the age of 25 years) overcome the barriers they face to achieve the best possible start in life.
Grants can be offered to charities that provide:
- Mental and physical health support
- Learning and development, including language and communication skills, social and emotional etc.
- Parental support, including whole family approach
- Pastoral and advocacy support
The type of activities that could be funded include:
- Individual interventions, i.e., parent education, home visiting or mentoring
- Encouraging healthy behaviours with regards to diet, activity and wellbeing
- Provision of vital adaptive technologies and equipment removing barriers
The Foundation offers both small grants of up to £15,000 per year for up to 3 years to charities with an annual income of up to £500,000; and large grants on average of between £10,000 and £60,000 to charities with an annual income of above £500,000 for projects lasting up to three years.
The next closing date for the large grants programme is the 31st March 2021. The small grants programme is currently closed to applications and will re-open for applications between the 1st March and 5pm on the 31st March 2021.