Derbyshire's Youth Activity Grants
Posted: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 14:31
DCC Youth Activity Grants remains a very good funding opportunity for projects involving young people within Derbyshire (not Derby city).
The following are examples of the things they are looking to fund:
- new activities such as short-term holiday programmes, and the costs involved
- developing the quality of existing provision via such things as staff training, new equipment, or improvements to buildings.
- expanding the range of existing provision through more equipment, or the creation of new activities.
- equipment and resources which support Derbyshire's recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- events, specialist training or other ways to encourage different groups of young people to attend activities.
- increasing attendance rates
- Can't fund capital funding e.g. the purchase of land, permanent buildings, or fixed structures (contradicts improvements to buildings included above, so presumably it depends on the improvement).
- charities providing services locally in Derbyshire
- voluntary organisations
- community interest companies
- social enterprises
- community groups
- parish councils
They can turnaround applications below £10,000 within c3 weeks, over £10,000, within c6 weeks.