Angling Trust 'Get Fishing Fund' - Small Grants
Posted: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:31
The Small Grant (up to £500) is perfect for any organisation in need of updating their equipment or tackle ready for the events they will be delivering in 2021. It also provides an opportunity for organisations to access funding to purchase personal protective equipment to enable the safe delivery of angling activities.
This scheme is delivered through the Angling Trust's partnership arrangement with the Environment Agency. The money comes from fishing licence sales so it provides a way for all anglers to invest in the future of their sport.
Who can apply?
- Angling Clubs, Fisheries, Organisations, Schools, Local Authorities or Charities based in England that want to increase the number of people being introduced to Angling.
- Activity that is delivered as a result of receiving funding must be delivered on freshwater fisheries where angling requires a fishing licence.
What can be funded?
- Equipment to help you run events, this includes any additional equipment to ensure your events are Covid-19 safe (PPE)
- Fishing equipment, terminal tackle and bait
- Event resources
What cannot be funded?
- The purchase of fishing licences
- Facility improvements such as new pegs/fishing platforms, improving access, general building work. For these activities consider submitting a Fisheries Improvement Programme idea)
- The stocking of fish
- Coaching costs and peg fees
Deadline for submission
The final deadline for submitting funding applications is Friday 12th March.
Please be aware that we have limited funds available.