NEW: Sport England Return to Play, Community Asset Fund
Posted: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:13
This fund will make awards of between £10,001 and £50,000 from a pot of £5m to help local sports clubs and organisations adapt and open important places and spaces to help their local community return to play safely.
This could include contributing to covering the the costs incurred by converting existing space to meet social distancing guidelines, or improving a facility's ventilation.
The Return to Play: Community Asset Fund is for new applications focused solely on helping support clubs and community groups through the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic to return to play.
It's designed to provide capital funding to help local sports clubs and organisations to adapt and open important places and spaces so people within their community can return to play and physical activity, safely. The focus is on responding to the immediate challenges of sports and physical activity returning to play this autumn.
There are some important changes to how this funding will operate, compared to how their pre-coronavirus Community Asset Fund operated. These are:
- Your project must be about addressing the challenges you're now facing because of coronavirus and linked to a return to play. At this time, they'll not be funding general capital works.
- The minimum level of funding available is £10,001 - for anything less than this, please see Return to Play: Small Grants fund.
- The maximum level of funding available is £50,000 - this is to ensure we can fund more clubs and groups.
- Projects located in areas of high deprivation, including rural areas (decile 1-3 of the Indices of Deprivation).
Other funding priorities
- Organisations working with Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities, people on lower incomes, disabled people, people with long-term health conditions and people experiencing a greater burden of care because of coronavirus.
- Organisations that don't have a significant level of reserve funding available to utilise.
Sports and activities
This funding will support projects delivering recognised sport and physical activity – a full list of which can be found here.