Derbyshire - Youth Activity Grants
Posted: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:25
The last round of the Youth Action Grants came to an end in May 2020. However DCC is now making an extra £221,000 available, effectively extending this grants programme until the money has been allocated.
These grants are aimed at projects for children and young people aged 0 to 19, or up to the age of 25 if they have a disability.
The following are examples of the things they are looking to fund:
- New activities such as short-term holiday programmes, and the costs involved
- Developing the quality of existing provision via such things as staff training, new equipment, or improvements to buildings.
- Expanding the range of existing provision through more equipment, or the creation of new activities.
- Equipment and resources which support Derbyshire's recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Events, specialist training or other ways to encourage different groups of young people to attend activities.
- Increasing attendance rates.
They want to be as responsive as they can. They are committed to making a decision for applications for funding over £10,000 within 6 weeks, and for all others they're committed to making a decision within 3 weeks.