Coronavirus Community Support Fund opens for applications
Posted: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 10:54
The Government's new £200 million Coronavirus Community Support Fund has opened for applications. The fund is part of the Government's £750m financial support package for charities and social enterprises.
The fund which is being administered through the National Lottery Community Fund has two key objectives.
- To increase community support to vulnerable people affected by the COVID-19 crisis;
- To reduce temporary closures of essential charities and social enterprises, ensuring services for vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 have the financial resources to operate, and so reduce the burden on public services.
Priority will be given to:
- Organisations supporting people and communities who experience disproportionate challenge and difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Organisations providing services and support for vulnerable people, for which there will be increased demand as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Organisations which connect communities and support communities to work together to respond to COVID-19.
Charities and not for profit organisations will be able to apply for grants of between £300 and £10,000 or for grants above £10,000. Decisions on funding will be made within weeks. Applications can be submitted at any time.