The Climate Action Fund - Now Open
Posted: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 13:09
The Climate Action Fund will support communities across the UK to take action on climate change. These communities will demonstrate what is possible when people take the lead in tackling climate change. With National Lottery funding, they will work together, share their learning and be active participants in a broader movement of change.
A total of £100million is available for over 10 year.
Initial ideas must be submitted by 5pm Wednesday 18 December 2019. Full proposals must be submitted by midday Friday 27 March 2020.
The Climate Action Fund aims to reduce the carbon footprint of communities. A broader movement of change will enable communities to do this within and beyond the communities we fund. The fund is open for an initial round of funding applications. In this initial round, they will support up to 15 place-based community-led partnerships to make the changes in their community they believe will have the biggest impact on climate change.
- The amount of funding available per application will depend on what each partnership needs at this stage:
- Applicants who need more time to develop their partnership, engage widely or test their approaches can access initial development funding (up to £200,000 over 18 months)
- Applicants who might be able to start longer-term plans at an earlier stage can access larger, longer-term awards (up to £2.5m over five years)
- Successful applicants will have experience in implementing meaningful action on climate change
- They expect to fund a mix of different places, communities, themes and initiatives, across the UK
- They will use learning from the first round of funding to help shape what happens next and they will test and learn throughout the programme. Further rounds of funding will be available at a later stage.
They are looking for community-led partnerships and expect the partnerships to be led, either formally or informally, by one of the following types of organisation:
- Voluntary and community organisation
- Registered charity or charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- Not for profit company including companies limited by guarantee, community interest companies and community benefit societies with two or more directors.
They would welcome the involvement of statutory bodies in the partnerships but do not expect them to be the lead.