Derbyshire Environmental Trust Capital Funding Scheme 2019/20
Posted: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:58
The Derbyshire Environmental Trust (DET) is running it's own funding scheme aiming to distribute around £40,000 in 2019/20, with a preference for awarding a small number of medium sized grants, rather than one larger award or a lot of small grants. The Scheme has operated annually since 2016/17 and a decision about future years will be made in due course.
The funding criteria is as follows:
- The project must be located within the county of Derbyshire and within 10 miles of a licensed landfill site (DET staff can check this on request if potential applicants provide a postcode for the project site).
- Applications will be considered from not-for-profit community/environmental organisations (having a constitution and elected officers as a minimum) and parish/town councils. County and district councils can be involved as partners in community-led applications. Applicant groups should either have their own bank account or be working with an organisation who has a bank account which is willing to act as the accountable body.
- Minimum grant request of £5,000, maximum of £20,000.
- Projects do not have to have match funding and there is no upper limit on the total project cost, however where applications require match funding this must be in place / confirmed no later than 31 January 2020.
- Projects must not have started and if successful cannot start work until an Agreement for Grant has been signed with Derbyshire Environmental Trust. All payments will be retrospective and must be supported by a receipt(s), invoice(s), architects certificate(s) or other appropriate evidence. Successful applicants will have a period of one year to complete the project (ie by February 2021).
- School related projects, car parks, allotments, purchase of vehicles and footpaths adjacent to roads are not eligible. Submitted projects must be eligible under the rules of the Landfill Communities Fund – see www.entrust.org.uk or contact the DET office for details. Capital items only (no revenue funding). All applicants are encouraged to check the eligibility of their proposed project with the Trust before submitting an application.
Examples of the type of project that would be eligible include the provision, maintenance and repair of: children's play areas, skate parks, Multi Use Games Areas, sports fields and other recreational facilities, nature reserves, footpaths/bridleways, community centres/village halls.
The closing date for submission of applications is 25th October 2019.
For more information, telephone: 01629 539182/538614 email: email@example.com