Magic Little Grants Fund offers grants of £500 for Physical Activity
Posted: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 10:13
Localgiving and the Postcode Community Trust have come together to offer grants of £500 to small charities and community groups through its Magic Little Grants Fund.
N.B. Groups need to register with Localgiving and apply for a grant click here. Please use the promocode MLG2019 within the membership payment section to access your free annual membership funded by the Postcode Community Trust.
The fund is for running costs on new or existing physical activity projects. Examples of potential uses include:
- Facilities hire
- Kit & equipment
- Coaching qualifications
- Other volunteer expenses
Ideally projects should meet one of the following themes:
- Overcoming barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways
- Increasing social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities
The fund is open to Localgiving registered charitable organisations meeting the following criteria.
- Organisations must either be in their first year of operation or have an annual income under £250,000.
- Preference will be given to projects that encourage social cohesion and help vulnerable people to overcome barriers to participation in physical activities.
- Funding can be used to launch new projects, support existing ones, or cover core costs associated with ongoing work
The application process is open until the 30th November 2019.