Interest-free loans for enterprising ideas to improve community spaces.
Posted: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:07
The Co-op Foundation is offering interest-free loans for enterprising ideas to improve community spaces.
Venues such as parks and community centres need regular income so they can continue to meet the needs of people who use them, love them, and rely on them for local services and social contact.
If your community organisation is thinking about growing its trading activities to generate more sustainable income, the Co-op might be able to help your plans take off.
The Co-op Foundation can offer:
• Interest-free loans of up to £50,000 towards viable business ideas that will benefit the whole community – particularly those facing greater challenges.
• No repayments for the first year, while your trading activities are developing
• If you are based in a more deprived area, or your work mainly benefits more disadvantaged members of the community, the Co-op Foundation might also be able to offer some grant funding alongside a loan.
Your organisation will need to:
• Be a not for profit.
• Own or manage a building or outdoor space that's used for a wide range of community activities?
• Involve a wide range of local people in your work, including more disadvantaged members of the community?
• Have realistic plans to develop trading activities that will grow your long-term income?
• Prepared to take on a loan that will need to be repaid?
If you have any questions about this funding, you can get in touch with the Co-op Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.