Derby City - Funding for Essential Life Skills for Children and Young People
Posted: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 11:35
This programme is to support activities that benefit disadvantaged children and young people from vulnerable groups in Derby.
The fund will support a range of extra-curricular activities aimed at children and young people aged 5 -18 years.
The fund will support activity within the areas of arts, culture, sport and leisure.
Funded activities will develop non-cognitive abilities, collectively named 'essential life skills' these include but are not limited to:
- Resilience, perseverance and persistence.
- Hard work, self-control, discipline, good time keeping.
- Self-confidence, leadership and team working.
- Honesty, integrity and engaged citizenship.
- Attitude, respect and empathy.
- Curiosity and problem solving.
Grants are for up to £24,999 on a single application, though there are no stipulations regarding more than one application. There is no specific closing date for applications, but activities that receive funding must be completed on or before 31 August 2019. You should consider this within your planning.