Derby City - Funding for Essential Life Skills for Children and Young People
Posted: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:35
This programme is to support activities that benefit disadvantaged children and young people from vulnerable groups in Derby.
The fund will will support a range of extra-curricular activities aimed at children and young people aged 5 -18 years.
The fund will support activity within the areas of arts, culture, sport and leisure.
Funded activities will develop non-cognitive abilities, collectively named 'essential life skills' these include but are not limited to:
- Resilience, perseverance and persistence.
- Hard work, self-control, discipline, good time keeping.
- Self-confidence, leadership and team working.
- Honesty, integrity and engaged citizenship.
- Attitude, respect and empathy.
- Curiosity and problem solving.
Grants are for up to £24,999 on a single application, though there are no stipulations regarding more than one application, and the closing date for applications is the 31 August 2018. however it is recommended that applications are submitted sooner. Activities supported by the fund need to be completed by 31/8/19.