Funding for Community Buildings and Revenue Grants through the Trusthouse Charitable Foundation
Posted: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:51
After a review of its grants strategy, the Trusthouse Charitable Foundation is replacing its currents grants programmes with two new programmes.
The Foundation's updated grants programme, which opened to applications in June, focuses on supporting smaller charitable and not-for-profit organisations that work to improve the lives of communities in the most deprived urban areas or the most remote and socio-economically deprived rural areas of the UK.
Grants are available to established groups, with a total annual income of under £500,000, to fund community-support, arts, education and heritage projects addressing local issues within the Foundation's priority areas.
- Rural Issues - postcode areas that are ranked within the most deprived 50% of the latest government Indices of Multiple Deprivation, within rural towns/villages/communities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants.
- Urban Deprivation - postcode areas that are ranked within the most deprived 20% of the latest government Indices of Multiple Deprivation, within cities/towns with a population of more than 10,000 people.
Funding can be used towards general running costs including core costs, salaries and projects costs or capital expenditure on buildings or essential equipment.
The following levels of support are available:
- Small grants of £2,000 to £7,500 (open to charitable, not-for-profit and voluntary organisations with a total annual income under £250,000).
- Major revenue grants of £7,500 to £20,000 for one to three years (open to any charitable, not-for-profit and voluntary organisation in the UK with a total annual income under £500,000).
- Major capital grants of £7,500 to £60,000 for projects with a total cost of up to £2 million (open to any charitable, not-for-profit and voluntary organisation in the UK with a total annual income under £500,000).
The Foundation now operates a rolling programme, and applications can be made at any time.