National Lottery’s Awards for All - A Reminder
Posted: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:51
Although the fund changed its outcomes this year, this is a reminder that the National Lottery's Awards for All programme continues to offer a wide range of organisation (sports clubs, CICs, schools, charities, not for profit organisations) grants of up to £10K for a range of projects including sport and physical activity which focus on the programme's outcomes. Here is a summary of just a few recent successes:
- Football sessions for women.
- Football session for Polish children
- Weekly football, exercise and nutrition sessions for children aged 5 to 11 years of age
- Feasibility study to look at the role, objectives and remit of a new cricket foundation
- New mower for a cricket club to help maintain grounds which have shared usage
- Afterschool, weekend and holiday health based activities for children and their families with a focus on cricket.
- Free cricket sessions for adults and children run by a junior cricket club.
- Tennis training sessions for children at 12 local schools, including dodge-tennis, foot-tennis, and grand slam events. The project also provides volunteering opportunities for young people
- Family tennis sessions to improve health and wellbeing.
- Refurbishing catering facilities at a community tennis club.
- Inter-school tag rugby festival for children and pre-festival coaching at local primary schools.
- After school rugby sessions for children.
- After-school wheelchair rugby sessions to establish a new wheelchair rugby club.
- Resurface the carpark to provide safer conditions for hall users, providing improved parking environment for all users.
- A Walking for Health group will expand their community health walks into new areas and provide first aid training to volunteers.
- A walking group will attend map orientation and first aid courses, along with purchasing six first aid kits to be taken on each walk.
- A Parish Council will create a pathway across a local recreational ground, providing walking access.
- An online map of the cycling infrastructure for an area with a view to removing barriers to cycling and improving the general health and wellbeing of people within the community.
- Cycling activities for people with disabilities and their families.
- Cycling activities for pupils at a school.
- A series of boxing sessions for people of all ages.
- A series of free karate sessions for children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Netball and fitness sessions for women and girls.
- Installation of an irrigation system and pump for a bowling green to help maintain the grass.
- A community engagement plan for a bowls club.
- New paving around a bowls club's community venue.
- Two specialist wheelchairs and coaching at a bowls club.
N.B. you must be able to tell them in your application how your project or activity will:
- bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage.
It's also important that you involve your community in the design, development and delivery of the activities you're planning. The Big Lottery are also keen to support smaller organisations and will consider your income when making a decision.
The Big Lottery provide LIVE information on Awards for All, every Thursday, through webinars presented by friendly and informative Funding Officers. You can ask questions during the seminar through an interactive chat panel. Click here for more information. Or if you would like feedback on your draft application for a project related to sport / physical activity then contact Edwina Archer, Funding Development Officer Edwina.firstname.lastname@example.org