Awards for All – still a funding opportunity for schools
Posted: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:54
Awards for All has changed. For starters, it is now known as the National Lottery Awards for All.
Grants awarded through the programme are still £300 to £10K for a range of costs including capital or revenue expenditure. However, the programme's outcomes are now:
- bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage.
The Big Lottery advises that it is important to them that you involve 'your community in the design, development and delivery of the activities you're planning'.
They are also keen to support smaller organisations and will consider your income when making a decision. However, schools can still apply and details of recent awards show some of their successes.
Here are some examples of what some schools have recently received Awards for All funding for:
- An outdoor gym
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- An all-weather play surface
- Trim Trails
- Training for members of staff so that they can run extracurricular activities
- An activity area for nursery and reception aged children
- Extra-curricular health camps for children and their families
- Fitness equipment and coaching and mentoring classes for children…
The application form is a shorter more streamlined version of the previous one. However, if you need, it the Big Lottery provide LIVE information on Awards for All, every Thursday, through webinars presented by their Funding Officers. You can ask questions during the seminar through an interactive chat panel. Click here for more information. Or if you would like feedback on your draft application for a project related to sport / physical activity then contact Edwina Archer, Funding Development Officer Edwina.email@example.com