If you're determined to turn over a new leaf in 2019 – you want to feel healthier and better about yourself or lose a few pounds and make some new friends - then this could be the perfect start.
Jog Into January is simple. Here's what you need to know:
- All sessions are low cost or free!
- They are open to adults (and in some cases accompanied young people) across the county, from the High Peak to South Derbyshire.
- They are all for complete beginners.
- They are all led by qualified jog leaders, who provide step by step instruction from walking and jogging your first steps to jogging your first 5k.
- What's more, after you successfully attend the course, you get a certificate to show just how well you've done. And, when you go on to complete 5k, you'll also get a medal too!
"Joining my local Jog into January has been one of the best decisions I have made for my health and wellbeing," said Jog member Deirdre Phelan from the Jog Duffield Group. "With small children, getting to a gym regularly was impossible, but Jog into January taught me to jog, and gave me the confidence to run, something I thought I could never do."
Go at your own pace and make new friends
Jog Derbyshire groups are friendly and help support beginners or those getting back into the groove.
Jog Derbyshire is a countywide project which aims to encourage people to become fitter and be more active by starting to jog on a regular basis with people of similar fitness levels.
Anyone who is new to jogging, or has not run for a long time, can be guided through a series of gentle walking and jogging programmes led by a qualified Jog Derbyshire Leader.
The emphasis is on having fun and making new friends with people of similar fitness levels.
Meet some of our jog leaders and jog groups, and find out how joining one of our friendly jog groups could change your life!
Jog Derbyshire is a Shift initiative. For more information visit www.shift-together.co.uk