Early Years and Family Project
- Part Time
- Get Berkshire Active
- Placed On
- Tue 14th December, 2021
- 12:00am - Thu 20th January, 2022
About Early Years and Family Project
Early Years and Family Project Opportunity
6-9 months, part-time, flexible working
- We are looking for an individual or organisation to lead our Early Years and Family work and ensure it is embedded in our longer term strategy as a charity. The aim of this work is to provide a multi-faceted approach working with key partners and Early Years and Family Support Services to embed a best practice pathway for physical development across targeted areas, notably in Slough and Reading. The interventions will support system change and help to hard-wire physical activity across various workforces in early years and family services. Deliverables include:
- Co-ordinating an Early Years and Families small grants programme, encouraging family-centred interventions in the most deprived areas across Slough and Reading with a focus on using sport and physical activity to improve key outcomes such as physical development, obesity, mental health, school readiness etc. Collating learning and evaluation from this project to share across the networks.
- Production and dissemination of physical activity resources and signposting support for Early Years networks, practitioners, front-line workers, family settings etc.
- Raising awareness of the importance of physical activity from birth and help to embed physical activity awareness across various system partners such as Health Visitors, School Nurses, Family Support workers and early years settings.
- Delivering online physical activity training to different workforces within the Early Years and Family systems.
- Establishing an early years and family network to share learning and encourage collaborative partnerships to enhance and add value to this work.
- Experience and understanding of the Early Years and Family systems.
- Experience managing and evaluating projects including budget management.
- Experience developing partnerships and programmes.
- Understanding of Early Years and Family strategies and local priorities for Slough and Reading.
- Experience working in or a passion for sport and physical activity.
- Experience in delivering training or facilitating and chairing meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location: Flexible, home-based.
We are open to discussing flexible working options, for example working part-time hours, secondments. Organisations or individuals are welcome to apply to lead this work on behalf of Get Berkshire Active.
To apply as an individual: please send in a CV as well as a cover letter detailing how you meet the experience and skills required to email@example.com
To apply as an organisation please send in a cover letter detailing your experience in this field and how you would provide the service to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: Thursday 20th January
2021214-early-years-and-family-project.pdf (PDF, 1 Mb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.