People Development Partner
Swim England are seeking an experienced HR Advisor/Partner/Generalist to join our team on a permanent full time basis.
- Loughborough, LE11 3QF
- Swim England
About People Development Partner
Location: Home based, with the ability to travel to and work from our head office in Loughborough, Leicestershire where needed
Swim England is striving to create a happier, healthier and more successful nation through swimming and aquatic activity. We strive to inspire everyone to enjoy the water in the way that suits them. As the recognised national governing body for swimming, artistic swimming, diving and water polo in England, we help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water safely, and compete in all our sports. Swim England is an incorporated organisation with charitable status.
We are seeking an experienced HR Advisor/Partner/Generalist to join our team on a permanent full time basis. The work pattern can be flexible within business operating hours to suit the successful applicant, provided they are available and accessible Monday – Friday each week.
This is an exciting opportunity working within the People Development (HR) team, partnering with specific business areas (we call them client groups) to provide advice and support across a broad range of HR matters spanning the entire life cycle. The client groups that the successful candidate would be responsible for supporting within Swim England includes; Sport Development (club membership and participation to gold medals) including advising our regional teams on HR best practice for their jointly employed team members and Business Support Services, including supporting our IT, Finance and Legal professionals.
Reporting to the People Development Director, you will be responsible for providing timely, best practice HR advice and support to people managers within your client groups across a broad range of topics. You will also be responsible for leading or supporting the wider People Development Team to deliver on planned interventions within our People strategy.
Within the next 6 months, the team will be supporting the business with the recovery from the Coronavirus pandemic and delivering interventions that will support the organisation to achieve its one year strategy, whilst the new strategy is being formulated.
The specific interventions that are in the pipeline are:
- Implement the new recruitment system and road test its use as Swim England begins to grow.
- Volume recruitment and on-boarding, ensuring we've selected the best talent and they've found their home with us.
- Support Employee Engagement through the collection of data, individual and group conversations, analysis of results and then recommending activities to improve engagement.
- Growing the confidence and competence of our people managers by developing a range of toolkits and briefings for managers to access.
For more information download the full Job Description and Person Specification.
The successful candidate must:
- Have 2 years' experience working as a generalist/advisor/partner supporting people managers across a broad range of HR tasks.
- Have a desire to work with and improve systems, appreciating the value they have in providing HR information.
- Be able to demonstrate how they've used data previously to support evidence based practice.
- Be personally organised and able to manage a varied work programme, prioritising tasks that impact employees and add value to the business.
- Be a team player, and want to work with others to achieve success. Not just because it's sport, but because fun and togetherness are two of our values and we believe when working together we can have fun in what we do and achieve more.
If so, and you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position we would like to hear from you.
Find out more about at it's like to work with us and the Swim England family:https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/working-at-swim-england/
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work in the UK to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment. You must also be working within the UK to apply or be considered for this role, due to the public liability insurance Swim England holds.
jd-people-development-partner.docx (MS Word, 574.8 Kb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.