Youth Engagement Activators x 7 Positions
7 Positions across Leicestershire (Blaby, Charnwood, Harborough, Hinckley & Bosworth, Melton, North West Leicestershire & Oadby & Wigston). 12 Month Fixed term Contract Full-Time - Job Share will be considered.
- Grade 8 - £22,185 - £24,495 per annum
- Full Time
- Active Together
- Placed On
- Fri 16th July, 2021
- 11:45pm - Thu 5th August, 2021
About Youth Engagement Activators x 7 Positions
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about working with children and young people, to support their physical and mental health, through the delivery of youth engagement, sport, physical activity and wellbeing opportunities, based on their needs and wants within their local communities?
Do you want to support local children and young people within the community that you live?
If so, we are looking for applicants to join our collaborative team to address the effects of the pandemic and support the lives of local children and young people in the longer term.
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (soon to be Active Together) are seeking to recruit 7 x Youth Engagement Activators to support children and young people to re-integrate and re-socialise into school and community life following the challenges of the pandemic, through youth engagement, sport, physical activity and well-being opportunities. You will work with one of our 7 Boroughs/Districts, alongside leisure teams, the Healthy Schools team, the School Sport & Physical Networks (SSPANS), schools and local community clubs, groups and organisations, to support those children and young people most in need. The key role is to:
- Improve the physical and mental health of local children & young people through youth engagement, sport, physical activity and well-being opportunities.
- Support children & young people to have the confidence to re-integrate and re-socialise in school and community settings.
- Respond directly to youth voice, developing and delivering accessible opportunities based on the needs of local children & young people.
- Work with local schools and communities to identify those children and young people who require support, intervention, and access to programmes of youth engagement, sport and physical activity, to support them to successfully re-engage, socialise and participate with peers and friendship groups.
- Create sport, physical activity and well-being referral programmes between schools and local community provision.
- Work with key local partners to ensure a holistic approach to improving children & young people's health and well-being post the covid pandemic.
- Develop targeted children & young people/family messaging to highlight the importance of regular sport, physical activity, and wellbeing, to support children & young people with their physical and mental health.
We are particularly encouraging applications from candidates to support the communities from within where they live themselves.
We are particularly keen to reach the diverse communities of Leicestershire and welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under-represented within our workforce.
Although positions are full-time, job share will be considered.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 16th August 2021 at SportPark, Loughborough University.
For more information about the role please contact Geoff Maltby, Sports Development Manager at Email: email@example.com
To apply for these roles please click on the link below.
jd-youth-engagement-activators1.pdf (PDF, 165.3 Kb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.