Basketball Academy Head Coach
The Leicester Riders Foundation Basketball Academy is an elite development opportunity for young people inspired to play basketball within Leicester City, Leicestershire County and the East Midlands. The LRF Basketball Academy is part of the Leicester Riders Basketball Club Elite Performance Pathway.
About Basketball Academy Head Coach
The Leicester Riders Foundation
Basketball Academy is an elite development opportunity for young people inspired to play basketball within Leicester City, Leicestershire County and the East Midlands. The LRF Basketball Academy is part of the Leicester Riders Basketball Club Elite Performance Pathway.
Formed in 2014 the programme is heading into its 8th season and currently runs 11 teams consisting of approximately 150 players. The majority of training and fixtures are held at the Morningside Arena Leicester, one of the premier venues for basketball in the UK.
To enhance the development of our players, we endeavour to appoint coaches that have a passion for coaching basketball and supporting success on and off the court. The role of the Head Coach is important to the experience that young people have within the club.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reports to LRF Basketball Academy Head and Secretary.
• Administrate, Plan and deliver practice sessions.
• Support and deliver basketball
philosophy guided by the
Head of Academy.
• Engage in coaching development sessions and support network.
• Support administration and logistics for fixtures.
• Role model to young people.
• Maintain a professional etiquette in the working environment.
• Manage and support Assistant Coach, Team Managers and other volunteer roles specific to their team.
• Min. Level 2 Basketball England Coaching Qualification
• Holds a clean driving license and access to own vehicle.
• Previous coaching experience.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Experience working with young people.
First Aid Qualified.
• Enhanced Basketball England DBS Check.
• Previous experience in Head Coach role.
• Safeguarding Training Accreditation.
• £500.00 Bursary
• Coaching Kit Package
• Further opportunities with the
Leicester Riders Foundation. Including, training, qualifications and coaching opportunities.
• Progression opportunities in the LRF Basketball Academy
• Discounted/Free Entry to selected Leicester Riders games
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.