Sport Development Graduate
We currently have a full time 18 month fixed term graduate post available in our Health and Wellbeing Development Team (rates “Excellent” by Quest for the last 10 years). We are offering this exciting opportunity in partnership with Time2Grow (an EU funded programme designed to help businesses access a skilled graduate workforce - https://time2grow.org.uk/). The first 8 weeks of this post will be funded by Time2Grow and then the successful applicant will be employed for a further 16 months by Northampton Leisure Trust.
- Duston Sports Centre, Duston, Northampton, NN5 6DX
- Contact Name
- Harvey Morgan
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
About Sport Development Graduate
Northampton Leisure Trust currently operates seven leisure facilities, an independent cinema and a Health and Wellbeing Development Team under the Trilogy brand in partnership with Northampton Borough Council, Duston Parish Council and Northampton General Hospital. Northampton Leisure Trust provides sport (and development), leisure, play and cultural cinema opportunities for the communities of Northampton and its surrounding areas.
We currently have a full time 18 month fixed term graduate post available in our Health and Wellbeing Development Team (rates "Excellent" by Quest for the last 10 years). We are offering this exciting opportunity in partnership with Time2Grow (an EU funded programme designed to help businesses access a skilled graduate workforce - https://time2grow.org.uk/). The first 8 weeks of this post will be funded by Time2Grow and then the successful applicant will be employed for a further 16 months by Northampton Leisure Trust. The successful candidate will have to meet the eligibility criteria of Time2Grow and formally apply for the position via the Time2Grow website. The eligibility criteria for this programme and a step by step guide on how to apply for this position can be found below.
The successful candidate will oversee our national award winning Northampton Street Sports Project and ensure delivery of all of its key strands within agreed timescales and to quality standards with the support of the Health and Wellbeing Development Manager.
We are looking for an individual that has knowledge of the sport/physical activity development and leisure industry and understands the principles of a sport for development programme. The successful candidate must have experience of working on their own initiative and as part of a team to achieve excellent results. Experience of managing large scale projects and working towards and achieving targets as part of university studies, employment or voluntary work would be advantageous.
We are looking for a well organised and self-motivated individual that possesses first rate customer care and communication skills that can also plan and deliver sports coaching programmes to all ages in a variety of settings.
The successful candidate will have access to an extensive range of benefits (see benefits package for more details) but will also undertake a range of internal and external qualifications that we have carefully selected to enhance your future career prospects.
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would love to hear from you.
This is a full time role (35 hours per week) that will include regular evening and occasional weekend work that will require the successful candidate to be flexible.
For an informal discussion about the role and to ask any questions please contact Harvey Morgan, Health and Wellbeing Development Manager on 01604837704 or 07867537417.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place W/C 7th October 2019.
Time2Grow Eligibility Criteria
- Must have graduated within the last 5 years
- Ideally resides in the SEMLEP Area (Bedford Borough, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Milton Keynes, Aylsebury Vale, Daventry, East Northamptonshire, Kettering, Northampton, South Northamptonshire, Wellingborough) although this is not absolutely mandatory
- Must register on the Time2Grow website - https://time2grow.org.uk/
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Advert above and the Job Description and Person Specification attached to ensure you have the relevant knowledge, experience and skills
- Contact Harvey Morgan – Health and Wellbeing Development Manager on 01604837704 or 07867537417 for an informal discussion or if you have any questions
- Find the vacancy on the Time2Grow website - https://time2grow.org.uk/jobs
- Register as a graduate on the Time2Grow website - https://time2grow.org.uk/graduate/register make sure you upload a copy of your degree certificate and a tailored CV and covering letter that outlines why you would be the ideal candidate for the role that Is linked to the person specification listed in the job description
sport-development-graduate-jd-and-ps.pdf (PDF, 177.7 Kb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.