Are you looking to join a fun and engaging environment with superb career opportunities? Kirklees Active Leisure are currently recruiting for new full time and part time staff and are offering to put a small number of individuals through the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification during the next two months. If you are interested in a career within leisure, this could be the first step on the ladder for you.
- Huddersfield, HD1 4BP
- Contact Name
- Georgina Barnard
- Contact Telephone
- 01484 234063
- Contact Email
- £8 to £8
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Fri 28th June, 2019
- 11:59pm - Sun 4th August, 2019
- Sport / Activity
- Job Reference
About Lifeguard (Unqualified)
We're looking for people who are passionate about delivering an experience which is second to none and who always have the customer at the heart of all they do. Once qualified you will take responsibility for the health and safety of our customers and ensure that all our poolside activities run effectively. We currently have posts available across our facilities including full time posts at Huddersfield Leisure Centre.
If you are willing, you will also be trained in other frontline areas to help take you to the next step up in your career at KAL.
The main purpose of the Lifeguard role is to:
- Ensure effective supervision and safety of swimmers and other customers
- Assist with the setting up, removal and maintenance of sports equipment
- Ensure our high cleanliness standards are maintained
- Ensure our customers receive a customer experience which is second to none
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A willingness to gain the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification within the first two months of employment
- A willingness to undertake ongoing training and development
- A willingness to cover additional hours when needed
Flexibility is required; specific shift patterns may include, for example, 'earlies' (6am-3pm), 'lates' (3pm-11.00pm) and Mids (11am-8pm).
Candidates must be available to attend the following dates:
Interview: either Wednesday 07 August 2019 or Friday 09 August 2019
Lifeguard Course: Thursday 15 August 2019 to Friday 23 August 2019 - please note all days must be attended.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity for a career in the leisure industry. Through a structured development plan, we will provide you with the skills to succeed and move up the career ladder quickly, if you are willing to learn and develop. An example of one of our career paths would be taking your first step in your management career progressing from Lifeguard to Team Leader.
We can also provide you with a great package of benefits through our Staff and Family Membership scheme, which provides virtually free facilities for you and a greatly discounted rate for some of your family. Plus, we also have a great discount website which can save you and your family loads of money too!
We have a generous annual leave entitlement and can offer an excellent pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund). We also like to have fun and celebrate our successes as often as we can.
For more information on this role, or to apply, please click 'Apply Now'.
lifeguard-unqualified-role-profile1.pdf (PDF, 229.7 Kb)
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.