Part-time administrator (18 hours a week) Supporting the everyday running of Reading based Sport in Mind. £8,424 pa
- Reading, RG1 8EQ
- Contact Name
- Neil Harris
- Contact Email
- Part Time
- Placed On
- Mon 24th June, 2019
- 12:00am - Mon 22nd July, 2019
- Sport / Activity
- Mental Health
About Office Administrator
Sport in Mind Administrator (Part-time)
£8,424 per annum (18 hours per week)
- Work closely with the Sport in Mind team to support the everyday running of the service.
Designation of Post and Position within Service
- Responsible to Sport in Mind Chief Executive Officer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Trustees, CEO, Development Officers, coaches, sessional staff and volunteers deliver a high quality service for service users, maintaining the highly regarded reputation that the charity has gained.
- Work closely with external partners to support participant referrals to sessions, this may include the health sector or other external partners.
- Deal with enquiries from all communication sources (e.g. telephone calls/texts, email, social media).
- Provide a supportive and informative practices for people accessing sessions, empowering them to attend (e.g. send a map, address, provide participant forms, explain what to expect on arrival, make staff aware of new arrivals, and follow up on experience).
- Complete and file invoices.
- Complete procurement and order purchases for team members.
- Organise and manage bookings (e.g. leisure centres, community centres, meeting hires).
- Update information for communication materials (e.g. posters, leaflets, newsletters and website).
- Be responsible for money handling (e.g. cashing cheques, collecting and delivering money pots).
- Collect and sort post, deal with any enquires.
- Write letters and complete administrative tasks (e.g. booking train tickets).
- Organise participant paperwork adhering to GDPR regulations.
- Ensure the Sport in Mind Office is kept tidy and presentable for when we have visitors.
- Take minutes, write up and distribute for occasional meetings.
- Complete data entry for sessions.
- Collect and organise any equipment required for sessions including distributing t-shirts.
- Attend and support internal and external events when appropriate and necessary.
- Support with ad-hock charitable matters.
- Be committed to good practice and ensure familiarity with all Sport in Mind policies and procedures (e.g. health and safety, confidentiality and safeguarding)
- To promote equality and diversity in all aspects of your work by developing and maintaining relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity.
Scope of Job (Budgetary/Resource Control/Impact)
- To initiate financial orders (up to £3,000) and maintain an organised budget record of invoices/transfers.
Special/Other Requirements/Responsibilities of this Post
Level of DBS check required for this post
Enhanced with a check of the barring list(s)
If *, does the post require a check against the list of people barred from working with vulnerable adults?
If *, does the post require a check against the list of people barred from working with children?
What other security/safer recruitment clearances are required for this post? (excluding standard identity/work permit/education qualification checks)
Responsibility for Health & Safety:
Please specify any other Statutory Duties and/or responsibilities of this post not already covered in the "Main Duties & Responsibilities" above
- Good education qualifications
- Administrative experience (Filing, organising, purchasing, invoices and GDPR)
- Working with vulnerable diverse communities
- Providing a nurturing and supportive attitude
- Communicating through all platforms including social media
- Money handling
- Working with highly confidential information
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Excellent IT skills
- Highly organised – effective administration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Specific Working Requirements
- Office based with specific allocated work days with flexibility within the core hours of 8am-6pm.
- Able to work occasional unsocial hours including weekend, bank holidays and occasional evenings where appropriate.
- Must bring a positive and enthusiastic image to the service you provide.
- Commitment to policies and procedures including equal opportunities.
- Willing and able to travel to different locations across Berkshire if necessary on an ad-hock basis.
To submit a CV or gain any further information please email email@example.com
Closing date is Monday 22nd July (midnight)
Interview dates W/C 12th August
Start date W/C 9th September
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.