Healthy Lifestyle Team Member
New sessional team members required to deliver a variety of health & sport messages in an interactive way to young people and motivate them to become more active and live healthier lifestyles. Sessions will be delivered during term time to schools and evenings/weekends to local youth clubs and organisations.
- £8 per hour
- Casual Hours
- Berkshire Youth
- Placed On
- Wed 12th June, 2019
- 12:00am - Wed 31st July, 2019
- Job Reference
About Healthy Lifestyle Team Member
- To work with Berkshire Youth member organisations, youth clubs, schools and projects across the county to deliver physical activity and healthy lifestyle messages to young people and their families, through our three projects: SPLAT and Fit 4 YOUth.
- SPLAT (Sport, Leisure and Activities Team): You will work with other team members to deliver an inspiring range of activities from dodgeball to glass painting to young people aged 8-25. The mobile nature of this team allows us to offer SPLAT sessions to groups across the county, taking with us the equipment and expertise.
- Fit 4 YOUth: This project is a genuinely unique activities programme that is helping to keep young people and their families fit and healthy in Berkshire, based on Berkshire Youth's previous CYPN Health and Wellbeing Award winning children's healthy lifestyle programme. Fit 4 YOUth is working to inspire children, aged 8-25 years, and their families to lead healthier lives by improving their diet, physical activity and their personal hygiene to better prepare themselves for the future.
- Main Duties
- Ensuring sessions start on time, activities run within time limits and finish on time.
- Deliver sessions on a variety of healthy lifestyle topics and physical activity which sit under our three projects: SPLAT and Fit 4 YOUth. These sessions will be structured depending upon the project.
- Driving vans or personal transport to the sessions.
- Responsible for all young people on the sessions and acting as a positive role model, with health and safety of paramount concern, in-line with Berkshire Youth's Health and Safety Policy.
- Encourage healthier lifestyle behaviours among young people.
- Create good rapport with the young people, projects, clubs and schools, advocating Berkshire Youth's offer.
- Collect all data necessary for the projects (questionnaires, feedback forms, consent forms etc.) and submit to project co-ordinator, in-line with Berkshire Youth's Data Protection Policy.
- Displays a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults, in-line with Berkshire Youth's Safeguarding Policy.
Work within guidelines of Berkshire Youth policies and procedures.
Attend any mandatory and optional training.
Qualifications and Training
- Broad experience and practical knowledge of all aspects regarding health
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Educated to QCF Level 2 or equivalent as a minimum, preferably in a health, physical activity and/or nutrition field
- Level 1 Food Hygiene
- Have own a car with access for business use
- First Aid and Safeguarding training
Competence Summary (knowledge, abilities, skills, experience) Essential
- Competent to lead a group of young people
- Interest and knowledge in healthy lifestyle and keeping active
- Ability to lead on creative activities
- A flexible and imaginative approach to the work
- Ability to develop work on own initiative
- Good communicator to all ages
- Ability to motivate and enthuse staff, volunteers and young people
- Experience of working within the community and/or schools
- Coached sport/exercise to groups
- Experience of data collection
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of legislation, which relates to Youth and Community activities- child protection, health and safety.
Other work requirements
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and some weekends
- A commitment to personal and professional development
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS, the Right to Work in the UK, satisfactory references and probation periodPlease contact:E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0118 9090927
Please note: Unless specified, the below job vacancies are advertised on behalf of third-parties and are not roles directly with Active Notts or Active Derbyshire. Active Derbyshire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, it is recommended that you contact them directly.