Mindshift workshop - Courageous Conversations
- The Derby Conference Centre
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
Do you find it hard to tackle tricky topics, especially if you think it'll prove unpopular? What if you could feel more confident having those conversations?
Our Mindshift programme is all about transforming the way we work, think, behave and relate to each other and courageous conversations play a pivotal role in challenging the status quo, building trust and creating behaviour change.
More than just a workshop, you'll have the space to discover and explore what it takes to have courageous conversations and achieve the outcomes you want. You'll come away feeling braver and more proactive about taking on difficult topics which can cut through barriers and obstacles as well as building more cooperative relationships.
We will cover:
- Why courage in conversation is good leadership
- How the facts become your best friends
- Nailing down the 'why' as your anchor
- Being comfortably uncomfortable
- Searching for agreement, without making someone compromise
- Not being something you're not
- A five-step model for creating courageous conversations
You'll learn how to:
- Address why we don't have more clear, direct, courageous conversations
- Remove emotion and steer conversation helpfully
- Keep a difficult conversation on track
- Understand your feelings, to keep in control and help others do the same
- Lead others to avoid the need to flee difficult dialogue
- Be yourself when it would otherwise feel alien
- Follow a process which will reach a suitable conclusion
Who's running it?
Clare Haynes is an expert in facilitating conversations and learning, getting to the heart of tricky issues and achieving positive outcomes. With more than 25 years of management experience and a background in work psychology, as a conference speaker, coach and facilitator, Clare helps others to confidently lead workplace change. Practical common-sense and simple principles, harnessed by open and creative dialogue, saves time and energy in getting to the brunt of what it takes to do the right thing.
mind-shift-courageous-conversations-a5.pdf (PDF, 444 Kb)
This link takes you from the Active Derbyshire website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Please note bookings can only be made via the website if you are able to pay online via PayPal or using a debit or credit card. You may be asked to create a PayPal account if you don't already have one. If you are not able to do this please contact Active Derbyshire via email@example.com or 01773 741915