Rugby union is a contact sport where aim is to use the ball to score more points than the other team.
- See Also:
- Touch Rugby
An Overview of Rugby Union
Rugby union is a contact sport where aim of the game is simple... use the ball to score more points than the other team. You can run with the ball, kick it and pass it, but passing the ball forwards is not allowed.
There are several ways to score points.
- A try - five points are awarded for touching the ball down in your opponent's goal area.
- A conversion - two points are added for a successful kick through the goalposts after a try
- A goal kick - three points are awarded for a penalty kick or drop goal through the posts
Click Here to see local Rugby Union NGB contacts.
From scrummaging to tackling, to sprinting with the ball, this can be a high intensity workout that will boost both your fitness and your strength.
Costs will vary across the country from club to club.
- Rugby Ball
- England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003, defeating Australia 20 points to 17.
- Jonny Wilkinson kicked a dropped goal in the final minute to seal England's win.
Find Rugby Union Activities Near You
Use the search below to find local activities near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- General Enquiries
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0871 222 2120