Cycling is a great sport, loved by millions around the world.
- See Also:
- BMX Racing
An Overview of Cycling
Cycling is a great sport, loved by millions around the world. The sport has a lot of different disciplines - BMX, Cycle Speedway, Cycle-cross, Mountain Bike, Road and Track Cycling is an excellent form of physical activity for people seeking to improve their fitness and cardiovascular health.
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- Improved joint mobility
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved posture and coordination
- Strengthened bones
- Decreased body fat levels
- Prevention or management of disease
- Reduced anxiety and depression.
Bikes can be expensive but once you have one you can cycling anywhere and everywhere.
Just hop on a bike and you're good to go. British Cycling, have information about clubs and racing tracks, and the Breeze programme for women cyclists offers a range of safe and sociable cycle routes for all abilities. If you don't have access to a bike there are hundreds of bike rental facilities across the UK.
Bike, Helmet, reflective clothing, lights.
- In London 2012, the Great Britain Cycling Team won eight gold medals, two silver medals and two bronze medals which easily placed them at the top of the medal table
- Great Britain Para-cycling Team won eight gold medals, nine silver medals and five bronze medals also at London 2012
Find Cycling Activities Near You
Use the search below to find local activities near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- General Enquiries
- Contact Telephone
- 0161 274 2000